Monday, April 22, 2013

Victory is sure!


“In Discipleship Journal, Skip Gray wrote about Romanian pastor named Joseph Ton, arrested by the secret police for publishing a sermon telling churches to refuse to submit to the government’s attempted controls over them. An official threatened Ton: ‘Aren’t you aware that I can use force against you?’ Ton responded: ‘Sir, let me explain that to you,’ he said. ‘Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying. You know that my sermons are spread all over the country. When you kill me, I only sprinkle them with my blood. They will speak 10 times louder after that, because everybody will say, “That preacher meant it because he sealed it with his blood.” I will win the supreme victory.’ The secret police released him, knowing his martyrdom would be far more of a problem than his sermon. Jesus warned His disciples that death for their faith was a possibility. He also told them to declare Him anyway, and His message could not be stopped. No matter the risk, proclaim your Lord. Your victory is sure!” 
(from Bible League International)

Lord Jesus, help me to be bold for You and speak of You no matter the cost. I also ask for You to comfort and protect Your persecuted Church worldwide. In Jesus’ Strong Name - Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment